Free From Sleep Mix Competition - The Winner
The judges have made their choices on their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places from the Top 10 mixes we received in the competition. Check out their reason and the overall winners. Here goes.....
- Solsan Really love the pace of this mix, it feels effortless. It's very stylised and doesn't wonder off any tangents. Its deep and dark the whole way through, just the way I like it.
- Rift I thought I was going to like the name when I saw the name pop up as I've been sent some great music by him. Needless to say rift didn't disappoint, great track selection and really nice journey with loads of energy.
- Ghost Hardware Loads of tunes from my label mixed really well, what is there not to like about it!
- k.o. Love the pace vibe and atmosphere and how this set builds and appreciate it for it being different to the usual offerings seemed pretty well thought out
- Rift I like this one for its more rolling vibe no messing about just nice minimal bass rollers of different vibes all well put together
- Ghost Hardware I'm all about good mixing as well as selection and this displays both aspects really well so really enjoyed this, nice transitions nice selection
- Brown.E Has a lot of individual / unique style to the way he plays. Good tune selection and avoids the obvious big tunes so many DJ’s feel the need to rely on. This mix shows you don’t have to.
- Rift Mixes felt pretty well put together overall and a solid tune selection for me personally.
- (Joint). k.o & Rhythm 中條梨杜夢 k.o you can see building a night up perfectly from the off in a venue with this kind of set. Great selection. Same goes for Rhythm, what I like about this set is the track selection and the way it’s constructed, the kind of deep blends that sit so nicely together you can often hardly tell it’s happening before your ears, well constructed.
- k.o Love the selection here. Right up my street. The darker downtempo builds up throughout the mix of impeccable selection which is flawlessly mixed. Perfect warm-up vibes for a Shogun Audio event.
- Brown.E This expertly curated mix is a history lesson of absolute belters. The technique and selection couldn’t be more on point. Love it! I think this kind of set would complete the evening perfectly as you reminisce and sing along with your hands in the air.
- DJ Mix r WOAH - the energy levels here are ridiculous. The mixing throughout is on point! Some of the doubles on this could give Andy C and Friction a run for their money. The selection features bangers new and old blended together with perfection. Could hear this at an Elevate Records show for sure! GET ME IN THE RAVE!
- Rhythm 中條梨杜夢 Rolling from the start till end, this mix is a straight-up translation of what drum and bass is at the core. If I have to introduce the music to someone new with a DJ mix, this would be the one for me. Raw vibes!
- k.o This mix sounds very current, I really enjoyed the groovy selection and flow, talented DJ!
- Solsan I'm really feeling the dark and deep vibes on this one. His original beats are pretty dope too, surely one to watch!
- Rift You cannot fault anything about this mix! Rift has smashed it with this one - This requires big sound systems and would love to hear this style of mixing at one of our events.
- Dan Eagleton I knew I would love this mix within the first 30 seconds. I could definitely see this kind of set being played at a Spearhead Presents event. Great track selection, seamless mixing and the perfect liquid mix for all those summer feels.
- PavZ DnB This was a no brainer as this kind of mixing was what got me into DnB – Fast paced, mad energy and countless bangers.
And the winners are.......
After all of that it was a draw between Rift and k.o, so we decided to have them both win rather than try and pick one over the other, they were great mixes. Hear their mixes below and Thank you so much for everyone that entered, it's been a blast x